Available 27th June – 21st August 2022.
What is Headstart?
Our Headstart Courses are designed to prepare students for their upcoming year of learning, by teaching them 30-40% of the course over summer. Students are then provided with a test at the end of the course, to consolidate their learning. After which tutors will provide further guidance to get them in the best position possible for the new school year. Headstart courses are offered for Biology, Chemistry, English, Maths and Physics.
Track Progress – After the 20 hours of teaching, students will have an additional hour of tutoring to go through an at-home exam that they are set at the end of the course.
Easily Manageable – With only 4 hours teaching per week, students have plenty of time off and should feel less pressured in the new academic year.
Ensure Success – The difficulty in progressing from Nat 5 to Higher is regularly mentioned by students. Our Headstart courses ensure students are prepared for the level of work required to have success at Nat 5/Higher.
Be Prepared – Course notes, worksheets and practice papers are all provided.
Stay ahead – If your child wants to continue with their tutor, they will be eligible for 1 free lesson at the beginning of the new academic year.
Available Headstart Courses 2022
- 20 hours of teaching + 1 hour end of course additional help
- 2×2 hours sessions per week (10-15 break if required)
- Delivered over 5-week period (breaks for holidays can be arranged)
- Lessons are online, more info can be found on this here
- Start Dates: 27th June-18th July (flexible if required)
- End Dates: 5-6 weeks from chosen start date
National 5 Biology Headstart
- Cell Structure and Transport
- Producing New Cells
- DNA and Protein Production
- Proteins and Enzymes
- Genetic Engineering
- Photosynthesis and Respiration
National 5 Chemistry Headstart
- Atoms, Elements and Compounds
- Reaction Rates
- The Mole and Gram Formula Mass
- Acids, Bases and pH
- Chemistry Calculations
National 5 English Headstart
- RUAE Work
- Critical Reading
- Folio Work
- Developing Literary Techniques
- Discussion of at-home assessment
National 5 Maths Headstart
- Equations, Inequations and Changing the Subject of the Formula
- Expanding Brackets, Factorising
- Fractions, Functions, Indices and Surds
- The Straight line
National 5 Physics Headstart
- Prefixes and Scientific Notation
- Speed and Acceleration
- Forces, Motion and Energy
- Scalars and Vectors
- Space Exploration
Headstart Higher Physics
- Motion: Equations and Graphs
- Forces, Energy and Power
- Collisions, Explosions and Impulse
- Gravity and Mass
- Special Relativity
- The Expanding Universe
headstart 2022 Enquiries